Thursday, October 2, 2008

Question Time

What are the defining characters of one is who is picky or choosy when it comes to relationships?

Is being picky and choosy in itself wrong?

My friend asked me today, if she were the one responsible for her single state?She told me her friends took her for the above mentioned when asked  to weigh her out.

She has been in countless relationships, both with the married men and single men.All of which have brought nothing to show for it.

She met a single guy not too long ago, who she didn't feel any attraction towards.The guy was all over her but she didn't just like him on that romantic level.There is no guy in sight currently and she's worried, if she had made a mistake by letting him go.

She's bothered if its true what the say about her.

I have pitched in my own onions to her, i am just wondering if at this stage,people are not allowed the right to actually choose who they want and like what they choose.

Is there a problem just loving the ones we love and not feeling for the one's we don't.

8 comments:

ShonaVixen said...

funny coz my gurl called me picky last nite after i complained when this guy decided to turn me off just by his stories..is he fine = tick, fab job= yes but now his arrogance is kinda annonying nah very annonying to me! And is there wrong anything wrong with me wanting some1 i actually can vibe with?Nope, i think not!!I know some people who settle just because of settling but shuuut why cant i get me some that i yearn for??

ShonaVixen said...

ooooh first!!happy dance...yay!!!

Tigeress said...

I get asked this question a lot- which i reckon is very annoying. But personally i'm not choosey or picky but then again, u had better be cos meeeehhhn this is someone u're gonna be with for the rest of ur life. I can't let desperation choose for me. I have to marry someone that is right for me. It's better u marry late and marry well rather than marry early and be miserable. Now if a babe's choices are based solely on materialistic things or how fine he is- then yeh, babe gots problem. I hope such babe will fine rich, tall & handsome bobo. Me- it's more of compatibility, personality. dont get me wrong- attraction helps, but.......

Teeee said...

Everyone has their own preferences. It is rare for a person to find everything in one person. One day, your friend will meet someone who for example, has 3 amazing features but one hideous one but she may or may not decide to overlook that. There has to be a vibe, if not then one will be storing frustration. For me, I can't do, I'm just gonna settle - settle with depression and regret. Not my portion mate

Rebirth said...

one should never settle for less so its better to be picky/choosy and get what u want....... at the end of the day, ur the one whos in the relationship, not the friends who feel ur too choosy........ i can be very picky and choosy cuz i always believe my own dude will fit my criteria

QMoney said...

My dear,we would always get pissed and irritated by our partners every now and then so i suggest u are picky in d choosing stage.not d unrealistic picky though......but dont settle for less,go for only wat u want and are happy with.All d best

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

Oluchi said...

Hi Dear, you know what my position is when it comes to settling for less, but let me say this again, no one should settle for anything/anyone less than what they deserve. Its not fair to the parties involved...